William Tyrrell Research: Foster Parents Say They Have ‘Nothing To Hide’

Extraordinary images have emerged of William Tyrrell’s adoptive mother – who has become a person of interest in his disappearance – recounting his side of events.

The adoptive mother who has emerged as a person of interest in William Tyrrell’s disappearance previously said the couple had “nothing to hide” and had been thoroughly investigated by police and even made subject to secret surveillance.

“We have nothing to hide. We gave them everything. They took our laptops,” said the adoptive mother.

Despite questions from the public as to why police did not interview foster parents earlier, police who worked on the case said this was simply not the case and that in fact, the family was closely examined and questioned.

In a podcast by Channel 10 investigative reporter Lia Harris, the couple conducted in-depth interviews about their case and their distress that Detective Gary Jubelin had been removed from the investigation.

Mr Jubelin also investigated the foster parents, bringing them in for separate in-depth interviews without ‘without warning’, according to Harris, then putting a listening device in their car to hear what they were talking about on the way home. .

“They didn’t say anything incriminating,” Harris said.

The foster mom previously said she had nothing to do with William’s disappearance and while upset by the time the police treated her as a suspect, she eventually understood that it was just part of the story. ‘investigation to exonerate them of any implication.

The Coroner’s Court recently cited notes and interviews related to the Harris’ Channel 10 podcast Where is William Tyrrell including discussions with foster parents on the case.

The couple’s scrutiny comes as extraordinary footage has reappeared of the two adoptive parents leading NSW Police through a ‘visit through’ of what happened on the day William went missing.

The mother, dressed in sports clothes, runs her hands through her hair, describing the frantic search.

“I get to the riding school and just think he’s not there,” she told police.

“Then I bring the car back and run and look for him again. “

Being a person of interest doesn’t necessarily suggest that William’s adoptive mother is a suspect.

The adoptive mother has not been arrested or charged in connection with William’s disappearance.

Who are the foster parents?

William Tyrrell’s adoptive mother is a wealthy professional from Sydney’s North Shore. She is now 56 years old.

The day William went missing, she was visiting his mother’s home in Kendall, NSW, when William suddenly disappeared in the middle of a game.

The foster mother and foster grandmother were sipping tea on the downstairs back deck when the mother suddenly said she couldn’t hear William and called him out.

But police investigations have now turned to whether William could have fallen from the upper deck on the other side of the property.

The couple ran public campaigns asking “Where’s William?” for years calling for public information on the case.

But when The daily telegraph reported in September that NSW Police had targeted a new person of interest, the foster family released an angry statement.

“Imagine waking up to an unsubstantiated article published by a major media outlet claiming that a ‘senior officer’ in NSW Police said he has a NEW person of interest, while deducing that this case is about to be resolved, ”the couple said. on the “Where’s William” website.

“Once again, we are forced to watch others objectify William for personal gain… fake news causes more grief to William’s relatives.”

What happened the day William Tyrrell went missing?

On September 11, 2014, William Tyrrell, 3, his five-year-old sister and his adoptive parents traveled four hours from Sydney to visit his adoptive mother’s mother in Kendall.

The house on Benaroon Drive is directly across the bush road from the Kendall State Forest.

The next morning, September 12, 2014, his adoptive parents say that William woke up early in the same room as his adoptive father.

The three-year-old insisted on wearing his Spider-Man outfit despite begging his foster mother to wear a tank top.

“He didn’t want to wear a tank top, so the trade-off was that he would wear a Spider-Man t-shirt under his Spider-Man clothes,” she said.

At around 9:15 am, William’s adoptive father left the house to find a better reception for an important business phone call.

He walked into town to make a Skype call and go to the pharmacist.

At 9:37 a.m., William’s adoptive mother took three photos of the boy.

The photographs capture William in a Spider-Man costume without his shoes on his grandmother’s porch strewn with pencils.

Police say his adoptive mother said he wore shoes to protect his feet from bindiis and dog poop. But according to The daily telegraph, police are now investigating whether there were any bindiis at home and whether the family’s dog was dead.

William is barefoot in the photographs.

At around 10 a.m., William’s adoptive mother said she went inside and made tea for herself and her mother, and sat with the boy on the back porch.

Police estimated William was missing between 10:05 a.m. and 10:20 a.m.

At around 10:30 a.m., William’s adoptive father texted his wife to tell her he was returning home after buying newspapers nearby.

But by then, the adoptive mother said she was already looking for William.

She said to her mother: “I don’t see William”.

The adoptive mother started knocking frantically on neighbors’ doors.

“You could tell she was very upset when she first came to see us,” said a neighbor. The Sunday Telegraph.

“I just remember saying ‘Don’t worry, we’ll find him’, and it stuck with me because obviously they didn’t find him.

“I waited with her while she called the police.”

Before her husband got home, the foster mother hopped into the foster grandmother’s car to look for William.

“I go to the riding school and just think he’s not there,” she told police at the time.

“Then I bring the car back and run and look for him again. “

This week, that car was seized by police and is undergoing forensic testing.

In a video of the police “wandering” around the grandmother’s house, the adoptive father describes what happened next when he returned home.

“He never walks around. He’s not a vagabond. He’s not like… doesn’t. And so when you follow that, then I had walked through, I had gone through those fences … and I went on, looking wherever I could, ” he said.

“So I said…” Well, where is he? Where did he go?’ She said, ‘he was here five minutes ago’. I said ‘well, where did he go?’ … She said: ‘I can’t find him’.

Why William’s foster family status has been kept a secret for years

The fact that William was in foster care remained a secret for several years after his disappearance and was only revealed to the public after a legal challenge and a judge’s ruling that disclosure was in the public interest. .

“The truth to date has been obscured,” Judge Paul Brereton said.

The three-year-old was taken from his birth parents as a child after allegations of domestic violence and drug use.

First cop in charge of the retired investigation

When William first went missing, he was treated like a missing child. Hundreds of researchers trampled the backyard, potentially destroying evidence.

But then Detective Inspector Hans Rupp was called in to investigate. Just months after the investigation began, the respected homicide detective retired.

It was then that former Chief Detective Inspector Gary Jubelin was brought in to investigate. But a few years later, he was forced to resign over allegations of misconduct.

He was later convicted of secretly recording four conversations with one of the adoptive grandmother’s neighbors, Paul Savage, and was fined $ 10,000.

The investigation was thus plagued by politics and controversy for years.

This week that only increased after the NSW Police Commissioner criticized previous inquiries.

“The investigation was looking at some people of interest who clearly weren’t, and I think time has been wasted on this, and the bush is overgrown,” Commissioner Mick Fuller told 2GB.

“A new team inherited what was a bit of a mess and cleaned up this investigation. “

Tragedy “destroyed” her biological father

William’s paternal grandmother, who cannot be named for legal reasons, said the tragedy destroyed her son, the boy’s father.

In the years following his son’s disappearance, he traveled back and forth to prison and estranged from his family.

“He’s homeless,” she said. ” I do not know where he is. I heard from him once when he came out, I felt so bad because he had nothing.

According to one report, the boy’s father begged a pharmacist for prescription drugs, telling them, “I need them (pills) because I lost my son seven years ago”, and s ‘is started to cry.

“Look what the tragedy did to me, look what it did to my son,” his grandmother said.

Source link

Previous Explain the Brookings Regulatory Tracker
Next Mom consolidates online help during COVID-19 pandemic