VA is here to help veterans who are part of Boise VA Medical Center with their My VA Health account. If you cannot find the information you are looking for below, please call the My VA Health Helpline at 888-444-6982. Customer service representatives are here to help.
Access My VA Health
Where can I log in to My VA Health? You can access the portal in three ways:
Do I need a new account?
To access My VA Health, you can continue to log in through myhealth.va.gov or VA.gov. However, you must have a bounty My HealtheVet account, a Premium DS Logon account or an ID.me account.
If you have a basic or advanced My HealtheVet account, you must improve your account to Premium to use My VA Health. Go to https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-portal-web/web/myhealthevet/upgrading-your-my-healthevet-account-through-in-person-or-online-authentication for step by – step guide on upgrading your account.
Preferred web browsers
VA.gov, where you access My VA Health, is currently not compatible with Internet Explorer, which may be the default browser your device uses to access the Internet. For the best patient portal experience, VA recommends using one of the following browsers:
How to bookmark My VA Health
How to send a “secure message” to your healthcare provider team
- Log in to My VA Health. For the best experience, use Microsoft Edge, Chrome, or Safari as your internet browser.
- Click on the “A message” tab at the top of the page.
- Click on “View and send messages.”
- Select “New message.”
- You can search for your provider/doctor by typing their name in the “For“, which will start pulling relevant results. Each result will include the provider’s VA facility, first and last name, specialty, and their affiliated healthcare team.
- Write your message and click on “Send.”
If you don’t remember your provider’s name, you can find your doctor/provider’s name in the patient information section of My VA Health:
- Click the drop-down menu in the upper right corner of the page, to the right of your name.
- Click on “Patient Information.”
- The name of your supplier is displayed in the “Medical contacts“section at the bottom of the”Patient Information” listing.
How to refill prescriptions (if you don’t have a refill yet)
- When you select “Refill” on a medicine with no remaining refills, the “Prescription renewal» the message window opens. Here you can send a prescription refill request to your provider and/or healthcare team.
- Use the drop-down menu under “Who do you want to send this request to? » to indicate who you want to send the request to.
- You can also enter the reason for the renewal, the quantity requested and any additional comments.
- After choosing how you would like to be contacted, click on “Send.”