Our client, a market leader in the South African pet food industry, currently has an opportunity for an IT Support Technician at their Centurion facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ownership and responsibility, to carry out the projects and tasks determined by the manager.
- Install the physical network components related to WAN, LAN and WIFI networks.
- Network troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Installation of operating systems such as Windows, Linux or macOS. WINTEL experience with a good understanding of server systems.
- End-user workstation support.
- Good understanding of basic network protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, FTP and SMTP, among others.
- Carry out regular maintenance of the network and systems in accordance with the maintenance schedule as determined by the infrastructure manager.
- Good understanding of networking and computing principles and concepts.
- Create and update technical design and architecture documentation and diagrams.
- Monitor and improve connectivity and performance of network and server systems
- Perform regular network upgrades to ensure long-term network efficiency.
- Physical installation of fiber optic and Ethernet cabling and related components.
- Physical installation and maintenance of radio network equipment.
- Any other reasonable task related to or having a direct impact on the designated area of responsibility
- National diploma or license in information systems or equivalent.
- Network certification such as CCNA, N+, MCSE (Microsoft certification) or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a similar role.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment would be a plus.
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Possess a positive work ethic.
Salary is between R22,000 per month plus benefits (provident fund contribution, medical aid contribution, incentives)
Working hours are Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Find out more/Apply to this position