Job Title: Chief Operating Officer, Haiti
Reports to: Country Representative
Salary class: 11
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency for the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, regardless of race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance, and peacebuilding programs.
Summary of the position:
As a member of the Country Program (CP) leadership team, you will provide leadership and management of operational functions – finance, human resources (HR), supply chain management (SCM), administration and field offices – in support of the Catholic Church The mission of Relief Services (CRS) is to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will foster stewardship of resources, ensure compliance with principles, proactively manage risk and lead operational improvements. As a member of the leadership team, you will proactively manage and mitigate security, risk and compliance issues.
Languages required – English and French required. Haitian Creole desirable.
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 30% of the time.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Finance Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Fleet Manager, Human Resources Manager, Administrative Manager, Program Assistant, ICT Manager and Operations Managers.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: program managers, party managers, risk and compliance manager, head office and LACRO team.
External: Partners, local Haitian authorities, suppliers, banks and representatives of the Church.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent strategy, analytical, systems thinking and problem solving skills with the ability to see the big picture and the ability to exercise good judgment and make informed decisions.
- Strong relationship management skills. Ability to work collaboratively
- Team leadership abilities
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solution-oriented and results-oriented
- Knowledge of multiple public donor regulations, including USAID, highly preferred.
- Commodity management experience, including USAID Title II, highly preferred.
- People management experience and abilities conducive to a learning environment.
- Knowledge of procurement and office administration/management issues in a very challenging environment.
- Ability to represent the agency at high levels.
- Proficiency in MS Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), web conferencing applications, and information and budget management systems.
- Master’s degree in international development, business administration, finance or relevant field required.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a management position with progressive responsibilities. Experience with an international NGO and experience outside the country of origin preferred.
- Additional experience may replace some studies; additional training can replace some experience.
- Understanding of financial systems, including experience in budgeting and budget/expenditure analysis. Knowledge of Insight software or similar financial, SCM and HR reporting software highly preferred.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and our operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the bishops of the United States to help the poor and vulnerable abroad. We welcome into our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serve those in need.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
To note: All positions requiring residency or frequent travel outside of their home country must undergo and pass a pre-employment medical screening.
CRS talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protect the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
CRS welcomes applicants from the countries and regions in which we work. In the event that the successful candidate is an expat or global telecommuter, the expected duration of the assignment is informed by a term limit, based on the type and level of employment and the needs of the agency.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the bishops of the United States to help the poor and vulnerable abroad. Our Catholic identity is central to our mission and operations. We welcome into our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serve those in need.